Friday, December 12, 2014

A new poem called "Intravenous"

Good morning, Friday. And goodnight. I had too much energy from rehearsal, so I started up the phonograph-multimedia thinger and tuned the radio to NPR. (I would listen to my Christmas LPs, but it's still too soon!)

Here it is. The fruits of my brain labor. Blargh.
(Before you ask about the title--- no, this is not about drugs.
It's about how inspiration and ideas rush in your veins when you can't sleep.)

 ______________________________________________________________________

 Intravenous

I am independent evolutionary scrap metal from ancestors who bore me.

I crave intellectual stimulation from people who attract me.
I need interpersonal relations with humanoids who enthrall me.
I want interrelated characteristics with friends who excite me.

I despise interrogation by loved ones who disbelieve me.

I love interpolated dialogue from like minds who challenge me.
I desire intercourse of ideas with gentlemen who fuck me.
I refuse interdependency with people who deprecate me.

I decide to internalize feelings from those who have damaged me.
I try to interpret the auras of strangers who SEE me.

I avoid intervention from nonbelievers in the divinity of art.

I have scars from men and women who needed me.
I make landscapes from dreams that spoke only to me.
I move mountains for oceans that should be.


December 12, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment